Friday, September 4, 2015

Full Circle

Several years ago, God used a book that totally changed my worldview: Radical by David Platt. It shifted my focus from pursuing the American Dream to abandoning it.

"We desperately need to explore how much of our understanding of the Gospel is American 
and how much is Biblical...
Somewhere along the way we missed what is radical about our faith and replaced it with what is comfortable."

This book set me on a path to see missions and ministry wherever God planted me.  Little did I know that five years later, God would be leading me in another part of the world to pursue His call to global missions.  And little did I know that one of the quotes from that specific book would be included in the magazine announcing our pursuit of God's call to missions from the agency where He led us.
~~Melanie
To read about the missionaries serving in our region of the world, click here: http://www.abwe.org/news/2015-new-missionaries-to-latin-america#.VemVpX3IZ8E

 To read the full Message magazine, click here: http://www.abwe.org/message-magazine/the-2015-candidate-issue

No comments:

Post a Comment