Friday, September 11, 2015

Never Forget


September 11, 2001 I was changing air filters on the roof of Relizon in Charlotte, NC and received a call from my father-in-law letting me know of the attack on America that day.  He wanted to know if any of my employees were in or near uptown.  Charlotte is the second largest financial hub in America and there was speculation that there may be attacks here.

Thankfully there were not any attacks on Charlotte, however the senseless attacks on the World Trade Center, Pentagon and tragedy in Shanksville, Pennsylvania was something I will never forget.

I will never forget watching the news and hearing the stories of the heroic men and women who gave their lives while trying to save others.  Those first responders, firemen, police and other heroes that ran into the buildings while others were running out impacted my life.

Ethan is infatuated with community helpers as most boys his age are.  We make it a point every Christmas to take some kind of goodies to fireman, police, ER nurses and the like who give up their day for the purpose of helping others.  When we are driving and hear sirens going by I will often tell him “let's pray for those firefighters (or Police)”.  A simple prayer, asking the Lord to protect them in their job and allow them to help others.

Today marks the 14th anniversary of the attack on America.  Never forget the innocent who lost their lives and the heroes who gave theirs.

          
       -David

No comments:

Post a Comment