Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Pressing On

For those praying for us, I wanted to give an update/praise report on my assignments since David has already completed all of his:

  • Last summer, I started two courses then set them aside while I worked full time, focused on partnership development, and then traveled/completed training this past summer.  Today, I completed the written requirements for those two courses; I have one more reading assignment to complete.
  • I received confirmation of my final grade for my other course I completed this week; so I only have one more course to go.
  • I am well on my way to finishing the last required book.
Whenever God chooses to provide what we need to send us on to language school, I don't want my lack of diligence holding us back.  So, I appreciate the prayers and encouragement to help me find the time and focus to complete my assignments.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel!  I can't wait to see what He has planned to get us to the field. :-)

We have also been visiting churches in our area so the pastors we've contacted via phone can "put a face with the name."  Some pastors have given us the opportunity to share on the spot; others have set dates for a later time to share; and others have called on the church to pray over us.  It's been a blessing to see so many churches in our area have a passion for the Lord.  Ethan and Emily are doing well as they are visiting churches; they enjoy being at our church for each week for the mid-week children's ministries.  We are very grateful to those who have shared our information with others.  If you know of a church, small group, or individual that may be interested in missions to Mexico, we would love to share our ministry with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment